Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Suzanne's Dream


My friend Suzanne emailed me about a dream she had:

Last night I had a dream that I was supposed to give a toast at your wedding and that I forgot until five minutes before I was supposed to go up, and I was writing it in my head when I realized that Mike was in Tajikistan, and then he burst through double doors with a whole entourage of Tajik dancers and everybody clapped and then you were scrambling to get your hair into a chignon, which you pronounced very Frenchily, because you said that you guys couldn't do the Big Dance if you didn't have a chignon. And then I said, "I know exactly what to say for my toast!" and then I woke up.

Suzanne's going to be re-mounting her fantastic show Yoga Bitch at Seattle's Re-Bar on Fridays and Saturdays from September 19 through October 11. Did I mention that it's directed by moi (she said, very Frenchily).

And now, I'm off to the airport to meet my honey in Istanbul! More posts from the road!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I'm off to meet my honey in Istanbul!"

Sounds like a great line for a song lyric. Reminds me of Walt Kelly's:

"Oh Mamie minded Mama till one day in Singapore
A sailor man from Turkestan came knocking at the door."

Allan